Reservations and Deposits
- When a hedgehog is available for adoption, a non-refundable deposit of $50 (minimum) must be placed to reserve the hedgehog.
- Deposits are non-refundable in all situations!
- In order to place a deposit, you must first have an approved application.
- This deposit comes off the total price of the hedgehog (If a hedgehog is available for $200, and you pay a $50 deposit, the remaining $150 will be due at pick up).
- Once you have been approved for a hedgehog, we will hold a hedgehog of your choice for 48 hours (if any are available to the public) until we receive a deposit. If no deposit is received, we will continue down the list of eligible adopters.
- We limit pre-adoption visits to (1) one-hour visit OR (2) 30-minute visits, which are subject to our discretion. We are not obligated to allow pre-adoption visits.
- We approve people for adoption depending on whether or not we think a hedgehog would be right for their family.
- We will not sell hedgehogs to people who live in areas where it is illegal to own hedgehogs. If a potential buyer who lives in an area where a permit is required to own a hedgehog, wants to buy from us, we first require proof of permit.
- We do not currently ship hedgehogs.
- We reserve the right to reject any application that does not seem suitable for our hedgehogs
- We do not currently sell hedgehogs as class pets.
- We will not sell male and female hogs to the same home.
- As part of our adoption process, we have a contract that must be signed by us and the adopter. Valid state ID must be presented at time of pick up.
- Before sending a hedgehog home, we must approve the set up you have for the hedgehog. We must see a picture of your exact set up, and give approval before we will determine a pick up time. Sending us links to a product similar to yours is not to be used in place of this home check-- it may, however, be done if you're seeking advice on the type of home to buy.
- Payment must be received in full before the hedgehog leaves our care. We do not accept personal checks at the time of pick up. You may prepay with a personal check, but it must be cleared before pick up. We accept cash, money orders, and Paypal at the time of pick up. We now accept debit and credit cards!
- If our adopters are not able to keep possession of their hedgehog, we require that the hedgehog be returned to us.
- We sell to breeders at our discretion, and in accordance with the breeders whom our breeding individuals have come from.
- All of our hedgehogs will have a clean bill of health upon adoption. This extends to babies, rehomes, and retired adults.
- Our babies come with a two year genetic health guarantee.
- Our babies have a WHS lifetime guarantee.
- A full refund or "replacement" will be offered upon receiving a copy of the diagnoses through a necropsy performed by a licensed and qualified veterinarian of our choice.
- This health guarantee does not cover owner-caused injuries.
- A refund will be offered for up to 30 days, starting from the day you pick them up, to the day you bring them back. The refund will be determined based on how long the hedgehog(s) have been in your possession. We do not offer full refunds.
8 - 14 days = 50% refund
15 - 30 days = 25% refund
More than 30 days = 0% refund
- This refund does not include the non-refundable deposit of $50.